Competition 2017 Textbook Scholarships
For more than 34 years, the SDA has been providing textbook scholarships for SDA members and their children. And now, SDA members’ grandchildren are also eligible.
These scholarships can be used to purchase the textbooks and stationery prescribed in school booklists.
With the ever-increasing cost of education, and the need for higher qualifications, this assistance is now more important than ever.
And your chances of winning are great – no work; just enter and you could win!
Education costs continue to rise for our members, and these costs occur throughout the year. For these reasons, the Union believes that it is important to continue our support for the educational needs of members and their families.
Scholarships are now worth $150 each, making a significant contribution to your school requisites.
Conditions of Entry:
- You must be a financial member of the SDA or the child or grandchild of a financial member of the SDA
- Student must be studying at any Secondary College in Years 10, 11 or 12 in 2018, or enrolled in any course at any Tertiary Institution in 2018.
- The $150 scholarship can only be used to purchase new or second-hand textbooks or stationery.
- Proof of purchase must be provided (photocopies of invoices or receipts are acceptable).
- Secondary and Tertiary scholarship students may purchase their textbooks or stationery from any source and pay for the goods first, then send the claim form with proof of purchase to the SDA.
- Only one application per student will be accepted.
- Maximum of one(1) scholarship only will be awarded to each winner.
- Maximum of one(1) scholarship only will be awarded per SDA member (i.e.only for the member or one of their children or grandchildren).
- SDA employees are ineligible to enter.
- Entries that don't specify (a)the name of the student, (b)the students College or University, (c)the students course and (d)the students relationship to the member, will not be eligible to win a scholarship.
- By entering you acknowledge that your entry will be subject to a ballot conducted by the State Council of the SDA and I hereby agree to accept as final the result of such ballot.
- The ballot will be conducted on 6 November 2017.
- Winners will be notified by mail as soon as possible after the ballot.
- All scholarship winners need to redeem their Secondary scholarship by February 2018 and Tertiary scholarship redeemed by mid 2018.